Offered by Vitalee Giammalvo
A Quick Quiz: See if you can find the 10 punctuation errors in the following two sentences.
1. Julia who is a monogamist said, I’d like you to meet my husband Ralph.
2. John who is a polygamist said “I’d like to introduce you to my wife, Mary.
If you cannot find the 10 errors, you might want to sign up for a detail-oriented but interesting (I promise) Punctuation & Grammar Seminar. Then you will understand how a missing or misplaced comma conveys an erroneous idea—such as having two husbands or wives! Yikes!
For the Answers, CLICK HERE.
More About the Seminar
• 8 hours of seminar @ $70 per hr. = $560
(includes 6 hours of lessons and 2 hours of homework correction and e-mail communications)
• Payments can be made in two installments: one for $280 at the beginning of the seminar and the second payment of $280 at the end of the seminar
• You can complete the seminar in 3 to 10 weeks, depending on the amount of free time you have
• Flexible weekly telephone consultation days and times or in-person visits (Richmond, CA 94805)
• Correction of all your homework assignments
• Consultation targeted to improve certain key areas in punctuation and grammar
• All your questions answered!
TESTIMONIAL ABOUT THE SEMINAR:
In order to refine my writing and editing skills, I took Vitalee’s grammar and punctuation seminar and found it very instructive. I relearned numerous grammar and punctuation rules, which I had long forgotten, and received personalized guidance on how to continue to improve my writing and editing beyond the seminar.
ANSWERS TO PUNCTUATION QUIZ
1. 5 errors: see corrections below
Julia , who is a monogamist , said , “ I’d like you to meet my husband , Ralph. ”
Without the comma after husband, she is no longer a monogamist (one husband); now she is a polygamist (several husbands).
2. 5 errors: see corrections below
John , who is a polygamist , said , “ I’d like to introduce you to my wife Mary. ”
By removing the comma after “wife,” you are saying that John is the polygamist. You could make other sentences, such as: His wife Mary is a doctor. His wife June is a CEO.
So with no commas, you are saying that there are various wives.
Commas matter. Putting a comma in the wrong place can greatly change your meaning. You will learn more about this when you sign up for the Punctuation & Grammar Seminar!
Contact Me to Get Started